Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The First Mitten ✩


Welcome to my new and fresh blog ♥
I will try to make this a creative knitting diary, with small projects,
thoughts around knitting and sometimes my own designs.
Being a Norwegian, I love our old culture and traditions.
For the first time in my life I just finished knitting a mitten!
It has a Selbu pattern - a traditional design in the Norwegian knitting heritage.
I made it in 100 % Alpaca wool, so it doesn't itch at all :)
It turned out a little oversized and strange, but I am just so happy I finished it!
The recipe can be found here:
http://uelegant.net/images/2010/02/selbu.pdf
I used the smallest circular needles possible, size 3, 12 inches,
so it was a lot of fiddling...but this will be the last time I do this because now I have finally learned the amazing Macic Loop method :)
Tell you more about that later...!

2 comments: